Stanford Latino Entrepreneur Leaders Program
6 Weeks To Transform Your Business
- Adolfo Murillo
- Alquimia Organic Tequila
- Oxnard, CA
- Industry : Tequila production, importing, and wholesaling
- Date Founded : 2006
- Website : http://www.tequilaalquimia.com/
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/adolfo-murillo
- Bio : Dr. Adolfo Murillo is a Doctor of Optometry, graduated from UC Berkeley (Cal), and has been in private practice for 33 years. He is also the founder and producer of Alquimia Organic Tequila, which has won multiple industry awards of excellence. Dr. Murillo and his family grow their own organic agave on the generational family ranch in Jalisco, Mexico, and import their
tequila to Southern California, where they live. They then distribute their product throughout California, and also have distribution in Illinois, Colorado, and New Zealand. New markets to be opened in the coming year are: New York, Kansas, and Texas. The company is completely family-owned and operated.
Adrianna & Marco Navarro
- Adrianna & Marco Navarro
- Ladera Garden & Gifts
- Portola Valley, CA
- Industry : Retail/Green Industry
- Date Founded : 1986
- Website : N/A
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrianna-navarro-06b8b13b
- Bio : Adrianna and Marco Navarro are taking over the business that their parents, Juan and Mercedes Navarro, founded. Juan and Mercedes are both from Jalisco, Mexico, and migrated to the U.S. in 1970. Adrianna and Marco grew up in the nursery and helping around. Marco studied Horticulture at Foothill, then graduated from SFSU with a Bachelors in Broadcasting and Electronic communication, and he worked for a youth program H.O.M.E.Y. while at SFSU. After he graduated in 2014, he came back to Ladera Garden and Gifts. Adrianna received her B.S. in Business Administration and Accounting from San Jose State University. Today, they are in pursuit to make his parents’ business thrive.
- Aldo Bello
- Mind & Media, Inc./Ideas America
- Alexandria, VA
- Industry :Federal, Corporate and Broadcast Media
- Date Founded : 1994
- Website : http://www.mindandmedia.com/
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/aldobello
- Bio : Aldo Bello is an Emmy award-winning documentary film director, television producer and co-owner of Mind & Media, Inc, a strategic communications and media company located in Alexandria, VA and Bright Box, a performance space located in Winchester, VA.Aldo immigrated to the United States in 1974 from Santiago, Chile. He attended Hayfield Secondary in Alexandria, Virginia and obtained BAs in English and Communication from Virginia Tech in 1986.
Shortly after graduating from the University of Maryland with a Master’s degree in Radio, Television & Film, Aldo Bello founded Mind & Media, Inc. with his wife, Dr. Marilyn Finnemore. Since 1994, Mind & Media has been providing comprehensive media strategy and full production services to help its federal government, commercial and non-profit clients solve complex communication challenges in the arenas of strategic communication, public information, recruitment and training.Over the past 5 years, as Chief Creative Officer at Mind & Media, Aldo has been exploring the growing influence of social, interactive and smart mobile in educational, corporate and marketing communications. As broadband penetration in the United States continues to grow and wireless networks become ever more powerful and distributed, interactive and social media solutions to business and organizational problems will also continue to rise in importance and influence, and Aldo is making sure that Mind & Media is favorably positioned for the transition.Aldo has been responsible for garnering over 225 peer-judged awards for the company’s campaigns and media products. In 2005, Washingtonian magazine named Mind & Media one of the 55 "Greatest Places to Work" in the region and Washington Business Journal recognized the company as one of the 50 "Best Places to Work in Greater Washington."
Bello’s latest documentary film is DREAM: An American Story, which has already garnered several awards, including two regional Emmy awards, “Best of Festival” from the Greater Washington Independent Film Fest, the Marcom Platinum Award, a Summit Emerging Media Leader Award and a Pixie Platinum Award for the documentary’s title sequence. He is also the recipient of the 2012 Americans for Immigrant Justice Humanitarian Award. You can learn more about the DREAM project at: http://www.dreamthedocumentary.com
- Alex Galicia
- BPI Plumbing
- San Diego, CA
- Industry :Plumbing
- Date Founded : 1976
- Website : http://www.bpipumbling.com/
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexgalicia
- Bio : I was born in Los Angeles but I also lived in San Diego and Chicago. I was a part-time plumber but joined the Navy out of high school. I graduated from UCLA in 1992 with a BA in Linguistics. My part-time college travel agent job led to my first career, travel agency and airline management, mostly at United Airlines.During this time, I enlisted in the National Guard and became an Officer. On 9/11/2001, I was auditing the operation at LAX. As flight 175 (South Tower, WTC) was LAX-bound, my sales background landed me at the Family Assistance Center. I had a firsthand view of the sad aftermath of the terrorist attacks --- grieving friend and family survivors.In late September 2001, I began a series of activations, Operation Noble Eagle (Airport Security), Operation New Horizons (Nicaragua Humanitarian Mission), Operation Iraqi Freedom (Convoy Commander), Operation Rapid Trident (Ukraine NATO mission) and Operation Jump Start (US Border Patrol support operations).In late 2005, my uncle Benny – founder of BPI Plumbing, died
unexpectedly. He left a basic business with name recognition and a
phone that rang. I convinced a good friend to help manage BPI in return
for 49%. My uncle managed it as a sole proprietor with 1099 employees.
We changed it to enable growth.
In 2006, revenue was $200,000. In 2008, revenue surpassed $1,000,000.
2009-2011 were rough years but we survived largely as we sought and received assistance wherever we could find it. In 2008, I attended the Entrepreneurship Boot camp for Veterans at UCLA Anderson. In 2009, I entered a 3 year City of San Diego / Associated General Contractors Mentor Protégé program. I also certified the business as s Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise in 2007, as a DOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and eventually as an SBA 8(a) program participant.
I am active on 2 major boards, one with Associated Builders and Contractors locally and nationally. I will be the Chairman of the San Diego Board in 2017. I am also the Vice President of the National Board for the Disabled Veteran Business Alliance. Further, I continue to serve in the California Army National Guard as a Major in the Logistics Corps.